Sunday, April 22, 2012

Shut up!

Shut Up
Shut up…
The words you say
When you don’t know
A better way
To say
Shut up

~Odetta Li

Yes-- I said these words to someone yesterday after finally reaching my boiling point We we're having a discussion..well not quite a discussion. It was just...DRAMA! I always feel badly after saying these words because I remember telling my children that these were unacceptable words to use. Neverless they came falling--no shooting out of my mouth. Why did I say them? Anger. Frustration. It doesn't matter. Word sting, hurt and can be damaging. I'm not perfect and I hate feeling that my tongue got the best of me--that time. It's in the past now and though the emotion was justified--the weaponry of the tongue was not. Sooo...I will apologize for that at least.

Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. Psalm 141:3


No comments:

Post a Comment